My high school sweetheart and I have been happily married for 25 years. We are a military family serving our country in sunny Florida.
I am a wife.
My dear husband and I are proud parents to two wonderful young men. Our oldest (24) left the nest in 2008, we miss him terribly. Our youngest (16) will be stuck with us a little while longer.
I am a mother.
I attended church most of my life. While I was present in the pews there was something absent in my life. Baptized at 18, I still did not learn what it mean to have a relationship with my Lord and Savior until I was in my early 30's.
I am a child of God.
I find myself most relaxed when drawing, sewing, quilting, cooking or simply creating something with my hands. We are created to be creative by using our God-given talents.
I am an artist.
A little bit about my blog name and its origin..
Lame for sure...but invited to the King's Table!When I started blogging I titled my blog: Lame In Both Feet, well simply because I am sinful, broken, deserving of nothing but because of my Lord and Saviour, He gained me a place at the King's table.
My blog title has been based on 2 Samuel 9. David's grace to Mephibosheth is a wonderful picture of God's grace to us. We are Mephibosheth.
- We are hiding, weak, lame, fearful before our King comes to us.
- We have separated ourselves from the King because we did not know him or His love for us.
- Our King sought us out before we sought Him.
- The King's kindness is based on covenant.
- The King's kindness is extended to us for the sake of another.
- We must receive the King's kindness in humility.
- The King returns to us what we lost in hiding from Him, even on an increase it is returned.
- We have the privilege of provision at the King's table.
- We are received as sons at the King's table, with access to the King and a close fellowship with Him
- The King's honor does not immediately take away all our weakness and lameness, but it gives us favor and standing that overcomes its sting and changes the way we think about ourselves.
Thanks for following my blog or reading bits and pieces from time to time.
-Lynnie (aka Lynette)